Get your tickets now for a fun and informative evening in Woodinville Wine Country! Madeline Puckette, author of “Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine”, will be meeting and greeting all After Hours participants at Mark Ryan Winery on October 5 from 4:00 – 8:00pm. The $30 ticket includes a signed copy of her book for the first 150 people who register along with access to 12+ wineries in the Hollywood District and 14 tasting tickets.
“Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine” has been described by The Washington Post as “the best introductory book on wine to come along in years.” You’ll get expert advice to take along with you while you taste. And to get you ready for the event, here are a couple of tips to consider before you head out to After Hours:
- Try to avoid wearing strong perfumes and things with strong aromas (raw leather, etc.). Believe it or not, it really can make wine taste more “perfume-y” or “leathery.”
- Flavorless lip balm will help keep your lips from getting stained purple.
When you talk with Madeline and read through “Wine Folly,” you’ll learn the answers to intriguing questions such as:
- What’s a trick to “reset your nose” if it becomes overloaded while tasting?
- Do different types of wine glasses really make a difference in the way a wine tastes?
- MIght you be a “supertaster”? A quick peek at your tongue could tell you.
- What can you do now to improve your next wine tasting experience?
It will be a unique opportunity to learn first-hand from a wine expert and take home a reference book that will inform and guide everyone from those who are new to wine to advanced tasters. Tickets are selling quickly so be sure to reserve your in advance! BUY TICKETS
The post Meet “Wine Folly” Author at Woodinville After Hours! appeared first on Woodinville Wine Country.