Three Days. One Great Tasting Weekend.
Seattle Wine and Food Experience Brings Culinary Exploration to your Palate
February 2, 2017(Seattle, WA) – So much to taste and now more time to taste it! This year “the experience” as its known, brings three days of deliciousness to the Seattle community. Be sure to tell your friends and get your tickets early to the Seattle Wine and Food Experience (SWFE) weekend of events on February 24 – 26. The newly-expanded weekend features three events: POP! Bubbles & Seafood, Comfort (NEW) and the Grand Tasting. A total indulgence for foodies, the weekend includes 300+ vendors from Seattle’s best chefs (ranging from gastro pubs to fine dining establishments), distillers, local cider and brew masters with more than 600 wines throughout the weekend. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, this could be the perfect gift for all the wine and food lovers in your life.
Up to date happenings at each event:
POP! Bubbles & Seafood: Friday, February 24, 2016 at McCaw Hall, 6-9pm * More than 40 kinds of bubbles to sip; paired perfectly with seafood. * World-class seafood from 20 of Seattle’s best chefs. Check out the divine menu here.
* Oyster bars from Hama Hama, Salted Sea Seafood and Raw Bar and Taylor Shellfish.
* Saber-Off Competition featuring emcee and Chef in the Hat Thierry Rautureau and returning champion Leslie Kelly of All Recipes. Watch last year’s video here.
* The Callebaut Belgian Chocolate Lounge featuring bites from Seattle’s top pastry chefs. See the list of chefs here. * Dozens of Reserve Red wines from exquisite wineries
* The S.Pellegrino and Glass Vodka ice luge is a must!
COMFORT: Seattle’s Best Feel-Good Foods and Crafty Brews: Saturday, February 25, 2016 at Fremont Foundry, 5 – 8pm
* Comfort is the newest and coziest addition to the Experience with so much fun, it’s just crazy!
* Mac & cheese, burgers, doughnut wall, fried chicken and many more comfort foods. Check it out here.
* More than 50 craft beers, ciders, bubbly and more to quench your thirst.
* Do-it-Yourself Bars: Hot Toddy, Bloody Mary, S’mores Bar, French Fry Potato Bar and more. OMG.
* Rock out with your friends to tunes by DJ Branden Landon and take photos in the Shutterbus.
* Wear comfortable clothes…perhaps elastic waistband?
THE GRAND TASTING – Sunday, February 26, 2016 at McCaw Exhibition Hall 1-5pm * More than 500 wines, plus distilleries, beer and cider, Oh Yes! Here is the list.
* Fare from 25 local chefs and 25 specialty food makers. Check out what they are serving up here. * Explore the Celebrity Modern Luxury Lounge for a chance to win a cruise! * Yakima Valley Craft Food and Beverage Experience. Yakima is bringing it this year with chefs, wineries, breweries and more. * The Savor Experience from SLO CAL. Learn about the Central Coast of California, taste wine, craft beer and more.
* The Sweet Suite–Indulge to your hearts content. Some of you may never leave this area.
* The “Pearls” of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates with wines from Canon 13, Intrinsic, Mamma Mia and more.
* Taste from Nicky Farms exotic meats, Rain Shadow Meats Butchery Block, Sustainable Alaska Seafood and American Lamb.
* Buy your favorite wine, beer, cider and spirits from participating vendors all benefitting Les Dames d’Escoffier. Don’t forget to check your purchases at the QFC Wine Valet while you enjoy the event! * Check out the video from last years Grand Tasting here.
Seattle magazine’s Seattle Wine and Food Experience brings the city’s vibrant culinary and beverage scene to life. The Weekend Pass ($220) is the best deal for that special foodie in your life. For more details on the events including pricing packages, visit seattlewineandfoodexperience.com. Don’t delay, this event is guaranteed to sell out!
About Seattle magazine For more than 50 years, Seattle magazine has chronicled the life and dynamic changes of one of the most innovative, forward-thinking cities in the United States. With a readership of more than 191,000 and a circulation of 46,000, it’s the most subscribed-to city magazine in Washington State, connecting locals and newcomers to the best local food, travel, wine, beer, spirits, design, arts, culture, people, businesses and tech the region offers. Seattle magazine is published by Minneapolis-based Tiger Oak Publications which also publishes Seattle Business, Seattle Bride and custom publications locally as well as dozens of other titles across the country. Learn more at seattlemag.com and at tigeroak.com.
About Les Dames d’Escofier Seattle
The event benefits Les Dames d’Escoffier Seattle, a 501c3 non-profit organization of women leaders in food, beverage and hospitality whose mission is education, advocacy, and philanthropy. Les Dames d’Escoffier Seattle focuses on raising funds for scholarships for women in the culinary, beverage, and hospitality industries, and also supports community-outreach programs and sustainable-agriculture projects based in Washington State.
Twitter: @seattlewinefood Facebook: /seattlewineandfoodexperience
Instagram: /seattlewinefood Hashtag: #swfe
MEDIA CONTACT: Jamie Peha (206) 661-8243 / email@example.com